JUTAMAT® Geosynthetic Clay Liners (GCL) are manufactured by sandwiching a layer of high quality natural sodium bentointe (clay mineral) between two laters of JUTA’s geotextile.
JUTAMAT® GCL absorbs water from the surrounding soil, its expansion is impeded by layer pressure from the geotextile membranes creating an impermeable lining material able to be used as a containment barrier. Thanks to the unique swelling properties of our GCL, the product is able to self-heal small punctures.
JUTAMAT® GCL advantages:
- Its small mass minimises the cost of transportation and it is Eco-friendly, causing no harm to the environment.
- It is quick and easy to install, it does not require highly qualified personnel, expensive welding or the use of heavy sealing equipment.
- It has a high sealing performance with predetermined permeability.
- Due to the swelling properties of Bentonite it is capable of self-repair in the event of small perforations in the geotextile layers.
- Available in widths up to 5.15 m.